Friday, May 19, 2006

Riviera Maya journal from Funjet's Larry Widen

Hi. My name is Larry Widen, and I work for Funjet. Several weeks ago I traveled to Cancun and the Riviera Maya to check out the condition of this warm-weather tourist destination and any residual hurricane damage. I visited extensively in the area and took several hundred photographs. I also talked with shopkeepers, restaurant owners, taxi drivers, hotel employees, tour guides, and even travelers like myself, just to get a good idea of what the Riviera Maya is really like these days. I've been a writer and photographer for 30 years and have traveled extensively in Mexico. This was my first trip to the Yucatan area, however, and was able to experience everything in the region with no preconceived notions. I visited the ruins of the Tulum, the island of Cozumel, the eco parks of Xel-Ha and Xcaret and a number of other fun places. I'll try to post some pictures and a journal installment every few days, so check back often. Please feel free to write back if you enjoy the stories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home